Thursday, July 30, 2009

Haiku Reviews

Here's a haiku on the film Man on Wire:

A story well-told
Is like a man on a wire;
Perfect, unsettling.








Haiku on Watchmen:


The world will die soon
So it is all for nothing.
So true, said the boy.






Another haiku on Watchmen:

Who believes this crap
And who watches the Watchmen?
Not I, said the man.


Haiku on The Proposal:



Icy bitch queen but
Now vulnerable and lost.
Niether appeals much.






Haiku on The Electric Horseman:



Scenes that let people
Talk and pause help a movie
Transcend its screenplay.

3 comments:

  1. James--

    You are a true poet. Does it count as a haiku if you're just writing a sentence and it happens to have 17 syllables?

    Also, does Robert Redford actually grab Jane Fonda like that in the movie? I hope so, because that would be wacky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sentence with the syllables is what happens after you wrote the only haiku you were actually inspired to write, which was the first one. The rest of the haikus were only there to fill up space and tell everybody that I saw these movies.

    Watchmen sucked, but Man on Wire was fantastic. The other ones are inconsequential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The proposal in the movie with the same name was one of the lamest, most unexciting proposals I've ever seen. How can they get away with that? And the nude scene was about as uncreative, unimaginative as they come.

    That being said, there were some scenes that appealed to my emotional side. I watched it on the plane and I tried an experiment to see if I could cry at any point of the movie. One of my eyes welled up when she was madly driving the boat and exclaimed that she had forgotten what it was like to have family togetherness, but then Val distracted me and I couldn't supplement the moisture enough to make a teardrop fall.

    My experiment is the reason I can say with confidence that the namesake climax of the movie was a total dud.

    ReplyDelete