In the run-up to inevitably electing a law-breaking lawyer, a logic-bereft politician, and an immoral moralist, the Alabama GOP electorate has decided that false accusations only occur when the accused ideologically squares with their least generous impulses. Women cannot be believed if they do not represent the best interests of advancing whatever agenda agrees with them. Perhaps the greatest embarrassment for Republicans in a year of pure embarrassments is the way accused Democrats have by and large either fessed up or been unafraid to take action against those in Congress or the Senate who have perpetrated violence on women and girls.
I have never lived in a more embarrassing time for Republicans. The shame of certain liberal progressives exists too, indeed, particularly in their own blind hypocrisy, but I am at the point that highlighting that is minuscule compared to the atrocity that is the current Republican party.
I guess I just need to record my actual response in the moment for posterity. I don't want my kids thinking I was complicit in the disgrace. Or anyone else thinking that. Never really claimed Republicanism for myself, but I did once think it had a legitimate claim on some policy. Its moral rot has delegitimized it, and I have to record my feelings on that.
I have never lived in a more embarrassing time for Republicans. The shame of certain liberal progressives exists too, indeed, particularly in their own blind hypocrisy, but I am at the point that highlighting that is minuscule compared to the atrocity that is the current Republican party.
I guess I just need to record my actual response in the moment for posterity. I don't want my kids thinking I was complicit in the disgrace. Or anyone else thinking that. Never really claimed Republicanism for myself, but I did once think it had a legitimate claim on some policy. Its moral rot has delegitimized it, and I have to record my feelings on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment